Not an impressive crowd. I would guess 2,000 fans occupying one tier of the arena with literally almost half of that tier blocked off. No Superstars or Saturday Slam tapings this week.
Sheamus and Antonio Cesaro were on commentary to open the show.
1. Big Show beat R-Truth. Show won with the KO Punch. Nothing special. Post match, Show and Sheamus had a staredown. Antonio Cesaro hit Sheamus from behind and both heels were off to the back.
Show was backstage claiming that when Cesaro shoved Sheamus, he bumped Show, which was a violation of the no contact clause. Booker essentially said shut up, the match at TLC is on.
Damien Sandow came to the ring and introduced Cody Rhodes, who was met with “Cody’s mustache” several times.
2. Rhodes Scholars defeated The Uso’s. Sandow rolled up one of the Uso’s with a handful of tights. Cody’s mustache was the most over thing in the match. The fans react to Rhodes Scholars big time.
Big Show and Otunga talked backstage.
Show and Otunga made their way to the ring. They said that Sheamus violated the no contact agreement, and since Booker did nothing, they’re going to the board of directors to get the match called off and have Booker removed as general manager.
Booker interrupted, followed by Sheamus who hit the ring with a chair and said that if the contract has been broken, then there’s nothing stopping him from unloading on Show with the chair now. Show cowered away and said the contract was still valid so the TLC match is in. Otunga ate a Brogue Kick to end the segment.
Backstage, The Shield we’re already finishing up a beat down on Randy Orton by the time the camera was turned on. They walked away, leaving him lying through a table
3. Kaitlyn beat Aksana. Aksana literally held a single headlock the entire match. Just awful.
Backstage, Matt Striker announced that Orton suffered a separated shoulder and possible concussion from The Shield attack.
Team Hell No were the guests on MizTV. They put themselves over as united and unstoppable. Suddenly, one of those glitchy Shield videos interrupted. After it concluded, The Shield were shown in a luxury box and slowly made their way to the ring. Once they made it halfway down, Ryback’s music hit and he came to the ring. The Shield headed back up the stairs and disappeared.
A note on the Shield, I have been to many WWE events, but I have never felt a buzz in the air at one of their shows like what came over the arena when The Shield were amongst us. They provide such an unpredictable spark to fans live in attendance.
4. Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Great Khali, and Hornswoggle beat Primo, Epico, and the Prime Time Players. Kidd rolled up one of the Colons for the win.
5. Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston pinned Alberto Del Rio with an O’Conner Roll. Pretty big upset in my opinion. Hopefully, this will mean good things for the IC champ. Post match, Barrett ran down to blindside Kofi, but Kofi evaded and hit Trouble in Paradise.
6. Antonio Cesaro defeated Sheamus via count out. Good match. At the end, Big Show came out with an injured William Regal. Sheamus went after Show but not before Show cracked Regal with a chair. Show walked away smiling, knowing that Sheamus couldn’t touch him.
With no mention of the advertised Ziggler/Cena face to face, Booker called Sheamus and Show back out and the dark main event was on. The crowd was super disappointed from what I could tell.