Jim Ross has posted another blog entry, which can be read in its entirety over at JRsBarBQ.com. Some highlights:
- When I write these blogs I write them largely as a wrestling fan. I am not and will not ever shy away from the fact that I am a fan of pro wrestling. I love what I do for a living but even if I was put out to pasture tomorrow I would not leave the business that has been so good to me and my family in an angry state of mind. I’ve seen too many guys do that and man are they miserable to be around. I’ve been frustrated many times myself and have opened my mouth when I shouldn’t have like last year when I was drafted off Raw onto Smackdown. That was pure and simply an over reaction by me. Taking a look at today’s economy, and BTW this issue isn’t going away any time soon folks, and the fact that I have a good job and can live a life style that we enjoy, not opulent but comfortable, I have been counting my blessings more of late. Perhaps that is a trait that all of us should consider.
- Don’t know if WWE is going to have a celeb entrant into the HOF this year or not but some day I hope that Bob Uecker can break his way free from spring baseball and join the festivities as he is one of the funniest guys around. Uecker’s classic bits with Andre are still replayed and are still funny. I have his “Major League” films damn near memorized and the former MLB catcher really displayed his comic genius in those over achieving films. Uecker reminds me of Bobby Heenan, just a naturally funny guy with impeccable timing.
- 2009 WWE HOF’er Ricky Steamboat’s son Ritchie has been in Japan for the past several months training in a dojo but will be back in the States in time to see Ric Flair induct Ritchie’s Dad into the Hall. The younger Steamboat, and I have said this before, looks to be a near “can’t miss” prospect and that is something that I don’t throw around freely.
- I hope that you will closely watch the aggression and the effort put forth this Friday night by Kofi Kingston who wrestles World’s Champ Edge on the first bout of the night as best I recall. I was hugely impressed with Kingston’s much improved game and it certainly seems as if this young man has more star potential than some thought when Kofi first came on the scene. to me, this is Kofi’s break through singles match of his young career and yes I saw him wrestle Chris Jericho on Monday night.
- WWE should sell lottery tickets to raise new funds during this recession we are in to see who gets to referee the upcoming 25 Diva Battle Royal at WM25. The King might sell his Coca Cola, Gone with the Wind, and Norman Rockwell collections to get the right to be surrounded and “accidentally” bump into some of the most beautiful and sexy women on TV. King might even get an Enzyte sponsorship for his referee gear if he was the zebra of the evening.