Jim Ross has posted a new blog entry on his official website. Below are the highlights:
- Really surprised that the Undertaker wasn’t more heavily promoted going into the Tampa Raw.
- The tag team scene in the WWE needs lots of work unless it is simply positioned to be where it is….mid card fodder.
- John Cena returning, but likely not before Survivor Series will really help Raw.
- Same goes for Smackdown and the return of Edge. When Edge returns is anyone’s guess. Sooner than later I hope.
- Flew with HBK from DFW to Tampa Sunday night. For my $$$ Shawn is still the best “big match” wrestler in the biz but one can see the fatigue in his eyes. Strictly guessing, if I was forced to say when HBK would hang ‘em up I would “guess” sometime around WM 26. Hope I’m wrong.
- Amazing to see so many wanna be stars contribute literally nothing intellectually to their in ring personas. Nothing. Many spend more time in catering or talking to one of seeming two dozen Divas than getting with those that can help them develop their presentation and in ring personas. Amazing.
- The Undertaker’s new submission is now officially known as the “Devil’s Triangle.” You heard it here first.
- Gosh, JBL has dropped about 60 lbs or so using his products and of course doing plenty of cardio. JBL looks to be near his Texas high school playing weight.
- Also saw Hart cousin Harry Smith in Florida and he really stood out. Harry’s “time” has to be drawing near being “called up” at least in my opinion.
- Having hired both Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle, it isn’t hard for me to put Jack Swagger in their class. Swagger likely won’t be as high maintenance as the other two, but he has the chance to be special.
Click here to read JR’s latest in its entirety.