Reid Flair’s death in March was the result of an accidental heroin overdose. TMZ reports that the autopsy report for Flair was released today. Here is the full report from TMZ.com:
Reid Flair — son of wrestling legend Ric Flair — died from an accidental overdose of heroin and other drugs … this according to an official autopsy report released today.
As TMZ previously reported … 25-year-old Flair was pronounced dead on March 29 after his father discovered him out cold in a Charlotte, NC hotel room.
According to the autopsy report … traces of the muscle relaxant clonazepam and Xanax (anti-anxiety medication) were also found in Reid’s system.
Reid — who had just returned from a wrestling stint in Japan — had struggled with heroin in the past … according to several reports, he overdosed 3 times in 2 years.
After the report was released this morning, Reid’s mother told the Charlotte Observer … “I loved him … He should have been on top of the world, but he was fighting a battle he couldn’t win.”