The WWE website removed Tazz’ profile from the SmackDown section last night. His profile has been moved to the WWE Alumni section, thus confirming his departure from the organization.
– WWE will be holding their annual Hall of Fame ceremony tonight from the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. The ceremony will stream live starting at 7/6 CT. It will then continue on the USA Network at 10/9 CT.
Here is this year’s WWE Hall of Fame class:
* “Stone Cold” Steve Austin (induction by Vince McMahon)
* Terry and Dory Funk, Jr. (induction by Dusty Rhodes)
* Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat (induction by Ric Flair)
* “Cowboy” Bill Watts (induction by Jim Ross)
* Koko B. Ware (induction by The Honky Tonk Man)
* The Von Erichs (induction by Michael Hayes)
* Howard Finkel (induction by “Mean Gene” Okerlund)
– ESPN.com has an interview with ECW wrestler Christian talking about his decision to leave TNA and join WWE, Edge being champion, Jack Swagger, the Money in the Bank match, if the TLC match is more dangerous than the Money in the Bank match, his craziest bump at WrestleMania, video games, and more.
On leaving TNA for WWE, Christian said: “I think the free agent process is a little bit different because other major pro sports like the NBA or NHL, you’re looking at 30 teams. You have 30 options. You don’t really have that in this industry. There is one name that stands above all else, and that’s WWE. So to really be on top, that’s where you have to apply your trade.”
He also added: “I really had to sit down and weigh the options for me and my career. I’m just trying to do the best that I can and move as high as I can and my ultimate goal is to become World Champion. To be recognized as one of the best, you need to win that WWE title or the World Heavyweight Championship.”
Christian believes he will reach his full potential this time around in WWE and become the World Champion at some point.
“I feel better than I have in years. I was gone for three-plus years from WWE, and coming back, I feel rested, and I actually feel like I’m in the best shape I’ve ever been in. I’m a little older, a little wiser, and I think things are going to be a lot different for me this time around. I think this time I’ll definitely reach my full potential, and at some point, I will be World Champion.”