The Highlight Reel with Chris Jericho and Ryback opened the show. Teddy Long interrupted and booked Ryback vs. Jericho in the main event. Ryback sucker punched Jericho to end the segment.
1. Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston beat Cody Rhodes.Cody’s Beautiful Disaster Kick was countered with Trouble in Paradise. A fun match. The crowd liked Kofi.
A recap of the workplace video with Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman was shown. They teased showing this during Main Event, but never did. I don’t think the crowd wanted to see it twice, so it was a smart edit.
Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter were interviewed backstage. Zeb spoke about Swagger vs. Big E Langston. He said it will be “a real American vs. affirmative action” then added “yeah, I said it.”
2. Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) fought Big E Langston (w/Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee). Alberto Del Rio was on commentary. Apparently this was a No DQ match, as there was plenty of ladder usage and more Ziggler and Del Rio than Swagger and Langston. The match somehow ended with Del Rio holding the belt while standing on top of the ladder. Pretty good win for a guest commentator, I guess.
3. Dean Ambrose (w/Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins) beat Daniel Bryan (w/Kane) by DQ. Daniel Bryan had the first real chants of the night, followed by even louder Yes! chants. Ambrose is even sleazier live. What a talent. A long match that people are going to like on television. Bryan applied the Yes Lock late. Rollins tried to run in, but Kane stopped him. Reigns kicked Bryan, but Kofi Kingston ran in and attacked Ambrose for the DQ. The crowd exploded for Kingston and the Bryan comeback.
Mark Henry tried to to break the world record recorded earlier today by pulling a tractor trailer truck. Apparently, he did it. Later tonight, I will attempt this same feat with my car. I will use a key and gas pedal, though. Actually, Henry’s earlier footage featured one tractor trailer. He tried to pull two, which is supposedly a world record. Amazingly, it was a really cool segment and the crowd cheered for Henry. There was a big pop for “That’s What I Do.”
Randy Orton was interviewed backstage. He said he’s a poisonous snake. Okay.
4. Big Show beat Sweet T (w/Brodus Clay). Show knocked out Tensai and then speared Clay. However, Randy Orton came out and RKO’d Show.
Kaitlyn was backstage with Natalya trying to figure out the identity of her secret admirer. Meanwhile, Great Khali was wearing a Rey Mysterio mask while trying to be undercover. And this is why I drink…
5. Chris Jericho by Ryback by DQ. The biggest pop of the night was for Jericho’s entrance. Really good heat for Ryback stalling outside the ring. Monday will be the first ever dance-off between Jericho and Fandango. I will be scoring on TwitterTwitter.com/JonnyFairplay. Spoiler alert – the 4/10 Bret Hart scoring system will be in place.
Ryback started a Ryback chant. People chanted it back. I hate people. Jericho escaped a Shellshocked attempt and countered into the Walls of Jericho. Later, the crowd was going nuts as Jericho hit the Codebreaker on Ryback outside the ring. Ryback was disqualified for crotching Jericho on the ring post. After the match, Ryback clotheslined Jericho over the announcers’ table.
Josh Mathews interviewed Mark Henry in the ring. They said the two tractor trailers weighed 55 tons. Henry said he has more to do tonight.
Dark Main Event
1. Sheamus and Randy Orton beat Mark Henry and Big Show.Big pop for Sheamus. Most people didn’t expect to see him since he wasn’t on the Smackdown taping. Sheamus wrestled in his shirt. He performed a Brogue Kick on Henry and won the match for his team to conclude the show.
This was the best Smackdown I’ve attended in years. My daughter Piper has great taste. she cheered the heels all night, but she doesn’t boo “because that’s mean.”